That’s whole lot of a’s and S’s in your alphabet soup. It can also represent a whole lot of confusion.
Each of these solutions – Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – has its place.
We believe that IaaS should have a special place as the backbone of your practice’s system infrastructure. Here’s why.
- It allows for the custom build of a cohesive computing environment. By this, we mean a true enterprise approach – including security, control, look and feel, authentication, connectivity, data portability. The alternative is often a collection of webtools and websites haphazardly patched together to envelope various business processes.
- Data can be controlled, protected and easily integrated amongst multiple systems.
- Hardware resources can be custom fit for the exact needs of your practice providing long-term cost control.
- It creates the ability to guarantee system resources providing fast and efficient performance levels 24×7. This facilitates more control versus a multi-tenant SaaS platform.
- IaaS provides the operational controls and platform independence necessary in today’s everchanging and evolving business and healthcare environments.
We could go on and on, but will spare you for now!
However, if you want to learn more about why we’re loving the taste of a Microsoft Azure-based IaaS environment, please let us know.
Perhaps we can discuss over a warm bowl of soup?
At Focus Solutions, we bring together healthcare knowledge, technology savviness, and the scale of Microsoft Azure.
Our Focus Solutions team is ready to help.